Seven “things” to remember …
CHRISTIAN LIFE: I met a monk the other day, a Christian Orthodox monk, the same one as I mentioned earlier. We talked about life in faith while having a simple lunch. There are certain “things” which are important to us as Christians, he said.
- life in church, the Orthodox Church that is,
- fasting, twice a week, usually Wednesdays and Fridays. And the fourty days before Christmas and Easter.
- the Holy Confession,
- the Holy Communion,
- to do good every day, at least something good,
- and of course to pray and
- reading and hearing the Bible,
Seven “things”, easy to remember. Well, I think I recalled all of it? Let’s see again …