Five Middle Eastern Patriarchs Visit North Iraq in Solidarity With Christians – no to sectarian militias
(AINA) — Five patriarchs of Middle Eastern Churches visited north Iraq yesterday to support the Assyrian Christians, who have been driven from their homes and villages by the Islamic State (ISIS) and whose religious institutions have been destroyed and occupied.
The Patriarchs were:
- Maronite Patriarch Mar Bechara Boutros AlRai
- Patriarch of the Syriac Orthodox Church Ignatius Ephrem II Karim
- Chaldean Patriarch Mar Louis Rafael Sako
- Greek Catholic Patriarch Gregorius III Lahham
- Syriac Catholic Patriarch Mor Ignatius Joseph III Youna
The delegation was flown to Arbel in a private jet donated by the former president of the Industrialists Association, Jacques Sarraf.
Accompanying the Patriarchs were Harith Shihab, member of the Islamic-Christian dialogue committee, Father Paul Karam, head of Caritas Lebanon, Monsignor Joseph…
View original post 463 more words